Management Consulting Foundations
The purpose of the Management Consulting Foundations Program is to provide professionals in Australia or New Zealand who are interested in working as a Management Consultant with the following insights:
- How to decide whether to establish your own management consulting practice or join an established business
- How to rapidly establish a management consulting business in Australia
- How to market and sell your services
- Target your likely market and understand what they are looking for and how to sell to them
- Consulting the IMC Way
- How to stand out from the crowd
The Target Audience for this Program includes:
- Professionals in Australia or New Zealand either thinking about working as a management consultant, or who have recently commenced practice as a management consultant.
- New members of the Institute of Management Consultants in Australia or New Zealand who are looking to start their professional journey to become Certified Management Consultants.
- Prospective members of the IMC who are thinking about starting their own management consulting practice, or who are thinking about changing from being an internal management consultant to an independent management consultant
The Management Consulting Foundations Program is a new program, based on the previous Start-Up Series but extended, is delivered over the IMC Open Learning portal and is designed for participants to complete the modules in their own time, at their own pace. The program consists of these modules:
Where Do I Start?
What am I offering and how does it compare to my competitors?
Consulting Business Structures
Developing Your Business
Enabling Your Business
Pricing Strategies and Structures
Management Consulting Process
Sales Pipeline Management
Professional Development & Planning
Consulting the IMC Way
Facilitated discussion group activities (over Zoom) are required after completion of Modules 6 (Discussing your business) and 12 (Ethical Practice), and participants can register for those through the Open Learning Portal. Completion of both facilitated discussion groups is required for course completion.
As part of this program, participants can also access a free half hour Mentoring session with the IMC mentor of their choice through the IMC Mentoring Program - IMC Australia.
Registration also includes a complimentary copy of 'Management Consulting - an introduction to the methodologies, tools and techniques of the profession' (RRP $99).
Cost: IMC Members $1980.00 including GST
Your Facilitator - Jenifer Frederick MIMC CMC, Dip Arts, BComm, Grad Dip Taxation, FCPA, GAICD
Jenifer was appointed to the Board in March 2022, is Chair of the Professional Development Committee and is a member of the ACT Chapter Committee. Jenifer has been a management consultant since 1999, as co-director of Alliance Consulting Group, providing a range of business improvement services to government clients. As of December 2022, Jenifer is working as an independent consultant, specialising in strategy and transformation, workforce strategy and capability, and financial management and governance.
Cost: IMC Members $1980.00 including GST
Past Attendees’ Testimonials
The IMC Startup Series was a great way to get up to speed on setting up and operating your own consulting business.
Whilst I have been consulting for some time, the course was a great refresher on the key elements you need to consider.
Jenifer was a great facilitator and the conversations within our group was a really useful way to validate our own strategies and techniques, and consider alternative options. I would recommend the sessions for anyone considering starting out or already running their own consulting business to network with others and share ideas.
Workshop 1 Discussion Groups will be scheduled from 5.30 – 7.30pm on these dates:
Tuesday 19 March 5 - 6.30pm AEDT
Tuesday 23 April 5 - 6.30pm AEST
Tuesday 21 May 5 - 6.30pm AEST
Tuesday 18 June 5 - 6.30pm AEST
Venue: IMC Open Learning Portal
$1980 inclu GST is the price (Members only)