IMC Australia has a number of membership levels to suit various levels of Management Consulting experience.
All levels of membership are bound by the rules of the Institute and Code of Conduct.
Levels of IMC Australia Membership - From 1st July 2023
|Member Type||Post Nominals||Eligible for CMC||Personal Development||Minimum Management Consulting Experience||AGM Voting Rights||Active as a Management Consultant||Annual Fee inc GST||One Time Application Fee inc GST|
|Full Member||MIMC||Yes||Yes||3 years||Yes||Yes||$620||$135|
|Full Member CMC||MIMC CMC||-||Yes||3 years||Yes||Yes||$680||-|
|Full Member Fellow||FIMC||Yes||Yes||16 years||Yes||Yes||$620||-|
|Full Member Fellow CMC||FIMC CMC||-||Yes||16 years||Yes||Yes||$680||-|
|Company (Firm)||-||-||-||-||-||-||Contact for pricing||-|
Why join IMC?
Private and public sector clients recognise members as responsible and reliable sources of advice, providing services of the highest quality to solve a broad range of governance, management, operational and technical matters.
- Membership at any grade means that you are serious about being a professional consultant, have been assessed by a 3rd party to meet the requirements of your grade and follow IMC’s Code of Conduct.
- The status of CMC denotes a mature professional.
- For those with significant consulting experience, you may be invited to apply for the upgrade to Fellow, FIMC.
Access to resources
- Access to benchmarking database of best practices.
- Access to a huge range of full text business and academic journal articles online.
- Activities of the Institute facilitate networking with fellow professionals.
- Members may meet to exchange ideas and look towards co-operative opportunities.
Client Referral Services
- The Institute is the source of referrals to members for assignments from organisations and businesses looking to engage consulting services.
- Clients looking for a consultant can use the IMC “Find a Consultant” search service.
- Members FREE have access to ServeGate the portal for finding government tendered work.
- Members who have paid your annual subscription can maintain a listing on this site and receive client enquiries about consulting services via the Membership Directory.
Access to professional resources
Members gain free access to :
- An international best practice database
- A comprehensive range of full text articles in online business and academic journals.
- Newsletters covering relevant issues for members, provide information and matters of professional interest.
- The CMC certification is recognised in over 50 countries.
- Members are recognised for their CMC certification in any other country with a member Institute of the International Council of Management Consulting Institutes (ICMCI – CMC-Global). A CMC is eligible to apply for membership of any such Institute if they move to that country.
- CMC is an international certification recognised by countries where Australian members can choose to work.
- These include the UK, USA, Canada, China, Hong Kong, Japan, S. Korea, Philippines, Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore as well as many members of the European Union.
Training and professional development
The Institute offers professional development opportunities through:
- Regular Chapter meetings in your state.
- Online training.
- The Institute and its members agree to behave according to the “Code of Conduct and Ethics”.
- The Institute provides assesses experience, qualifications and competency of all potential IMC members at the initial application and interview stage.
- Membership includes mandatory continuing professional development. IMC members are required to keep skills up to date.
- IMC has a formal complaints procedure providing a means for clients to lodge a complaint for investigation by the Institute. Only clients of IMC members have this level of assurance.
- The Institute has arrangements with suppliers who provide preferential pricing on various products and services.
- These include: Qantas Lounge Access, car hire, MyWorld card, ServeGate for tenders, professional indemnity insurance from Marsh.
How to Join IMC Australia
We welcome new members and enquiries from anyone interested in the management consulting profession.
In joining you become part of an international network of experienced management consultants who are recognised by their peers.
You can apply to join IMC online.
Details of our membership types and subscriptions are given below; if you are ready to apply now, click on the Apply button below to get started. The application process takes only a few minutes and you can pay the relevant fees using your credit card.
The Body of Knowledge is available as a hard copy. It is available in the shop.
The Code of Conduct and Ethics is available as a downloadable .pdf .
If you have any questions or would like further information prior to applying, please contact us and we can arrange for you to meet existing members to discuss the benefits of the Institute and assist you with the application process.
Experienced management consultants will benefit most from joining as Full Members.
A minimum level of experience as a management consultant (which can include time spent in internal consulting roles) is required to join as a Full Member.
If applying as a Full Member you may also apply for assessment as a Certified Management Consultant (CMC) at the same time.