The Institute of Management Consultants (IMC) and, particularly, the IMC National Office understand the importance of protecting the privacy of individuals.
We are committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1988, and associated National Privacy Principles, to ensure the confidentiality of any personal information collected.
- collection - personal information is only collected to ensure members and prospective members are able to be contacted and made aware of services available
- use and disclosure - information will only be used for the benefit of the membership, principally to contact members, and no information will be disclosed to any third party without prior approval, notwithstanding that the membership list is freely available through the IMC website data
- quality - we will ensure any data collected will be accurate, complete and current data
- security - we will protect data from misuse, loss or unauthorised use
- openness - the type of information collected is openly available to anyone
- access and correction - we encourage personal information to be regularly updated and personal information collected to be available to the individual concerned.
- anonymity - it is impracticable for members to remain anonymous
- sensitive information - sensitive information is not collected.
Any person wishing to make a complaint regarding the privacy of information should contact IMC National Office.