CMC is open to Full members and Fellows of IMC Australia.
Certified Management Consultant (CMC) is a competency-based management consultant certification scheme.
It is an internationally recognized certification recognized in 58 countries.
IMC Australia is a founding member of ICMCI CMC-Global and has sole responsibility of awarding CMC status in Australia.
What is a Management Consultant?
Many professionals of differing disciplines identify themselves as management consultants.
Often leaders who have worked directly in an industry will make the move to set-up a consulting practice delivering management advice to that and related industries.
A select number of these consultants decide to certify their skills and capabilities. This is the CMC designation.
Practitioners who carry the CMC mark set themselves apart in the marketplace, and with their clients, as professional management consultants.
The CMC mark provides clients with the confidence that they have engaged a professional who will deliver the highest level of management consulting through assurance that the management consultant has:
- Completed a rigorous certification process
- A record of successful assignments
- The endorsement of recognised practitioners
- Demonstrated an ongoing commitment to management consulting as a both a profession and a career
- A record of continuing professional development
- Committed to the IMC Code of Ethics.
- Shows clients you have achieve the highest standard of professionalism in the Consulting Industry.
- Shows professional credibility to Clients and colleagues, via CMC post-nominal designation.
- Internationally portable award with recognition in over 49 countries.
- Demonstrates a serious commitment to ongoing Professional Development.
To be eligible to apply, you must meet the strict certification requirements of the CMC Standard and demonstrate:
- Full current professional membership of IMC (MIMC or FIMC) and adherence to the Code of Ethics and Consultant’s Pledge
- Continuous practice as a management consultant during the last three years.
- Competence against all areas in the Competency Framework.
- Clients who value your contribution, delivery and impact you make to their business.
In order to apply for assessment for CMC certification, you need to:
1. You should ensure that you are very familiar with the three elements of the Standard:
- The CMC Competence Framework.
Click here to download the ICMCI CMC002 Competence Framework version 4.0
- The ICMCI Common Body of Knowledge.
Click here to download the ICMCI CMC004 Common Body of Knowledge Version 4.0
- The IMC Code of Professional Conduct.
2. Be a current, Full Professional (MIMC or FIMC) financial member of the Institute of good standing and character. (Associates and Affiliates are not eligible)
3. Complete the online CMC Application including summaries of three (3) recent management consulting projects including client referee details.
4. Attach evidence of completion of ISO 20700 Self-Declaration Checklist Training.
5. Pay the prevailing Application Fee and to submit your application for assessment.
CMC is a competency-based qualification which requires you to demonstrate sufficient, relevant and timely evidence of your competency as a management consultant.
The assessment process will test your competency against the CMC Standard Competence Framework.
The assessment process comprises the following steps:
- Review of completed application by CMC Chair to check your eligibility
- Application forwarded to Assessment Panel comprising Chief Assessor and a Chapter CMC for assessment by:
- Assessment interview including a 10-15 minute candidate presentation
- Conducting two client referee checks
- Review of all evidence against the Competency Framework by the Assessment Panel to ensure a minimum of two (2) forms of evidence for each competency area as required by CMC-Global preferred methods
- Recommendation to CMC Chair by Assessment Panel
- Award of CMC by CMC Chair on behalf of IMC endorsed by the Board
Start your CMC Application
Current professional members of the IMC – MIMC and FIMC – who meet the eligibility requirements stated above can access the online CMC application portal.