Start Up Series
This is series of five x 1.5 hour interactive online workshops.
It has been created specifically for business graduates and business practitioners who are actively considering a career in management consulting or have recently set up their practice and would like to improve their knowledge.
The sessions will assist the participants in deciding whether to start their own management consulting business or join an established agency.
Participants will uncover and highlight areas for further development of their fledgling business, what it entails to be a management consultant and how to rapidly start-up a management consulting business, as a sole practitioner or in a boutique firm.
These informative workshops will provide some clarity around the following topics:
- What are the attributes of a management consultant?
- Who is the likely market and what are they looking for?
- Should I set up as a sole practitioner, small boutique or in a partnership?
- What is required to start-up my business and generate revenue?
- How do I market and sell my services?
- What is required for certification to help me stand out from the crowd?
Module One – Where Do I Start?
Topics: What is my unique selling proposition? What are my markets and sectors? What company structure should I use?
Module Two - Developing the Business:
Topics: Building the basics; IP; value proposition statement; collaborations; marketing; enabling your consultancy; tax implications and insurances.
Module Three – Selling and Delivering Your Service:
Topics: The management consulting process; pricing strategies and structures; sales pipeline management.
Module Four – Keeping You and Your Consultancy Sharp:
Topics: Professional development and networking; business and life planning
Module Five – Consulting the IMC Way
Topics: Ethical consulting; the IMC Body of Knowledge; ISO 20700 and the CMC way.
The program is good structural preparation for the Management Consultancy Toolbox and the Diploma of Consultancy which is the next step in the pathway to CMC and global recognition / certification, and aligns with ISO 20700:2017 Guidelines for Management Consultancy Services.
This series is limited to only 8 people! Don't miss out, register today! The Program will be held on the third Thursday of the month from 5.30pm to 7pm AEST commencing 20 July 2023.
Cost: $395 IMC members | $495 Non Members | $395 NZ IMC Members
Non-member registration includes:
- a copy of ‘Management Consulting – an introduction to the methodologies, tools and techniques of the profession’, Australia and New Zealand edition
- access to 1 hour of mentoring between sessions
- Membership application fee for AIMC and MIMC is waived if you join during or on completion of the program (subject to membership eligibility).
Member registration includes:
- a copy of ‘Management Consulting – an introduction to the methodologies, tools and techniques of the profession’ Australia and New Zealand edition
- access to 1 hour of mentoring between sessions.
Registration closing and cancellation:
- Registration closes Tuesday 20th June. However late registrations may experience a delay in receiving a copy of ‘Management Consulting’
- No refunds for cancellations
I saw the program in an IMC email and as I am fairly new to consulting it sounded like it was going to cover what I needed to know. I certainly got that and a lot of things I hadn’t thought about yet. It was fantastic, got everything I wanted and more. It is very reasonably priced and I have already recommended it to others – it’s a really good foundation.
– Brenda Moore AIMC
I wanted to go back to basics, challenge some myths, and reflect on my career. I was after a sounding board from an experienced management consultant so an experienced facilitator was absolutely key for me. Steve was excellent and very experienced. It was good to understand the mindset of a management consultant and what it takes to start up. Hearing from a senior management consulting, revising the fundamental areas to address your brand and establish your career and tools and techniques to use was great. I can commence my CMC journey now.