Become a Graduate Member of the Institute of Management Consultants
What is the Graduate Young Professionals Program?
Graduate membership is a professional-level membership offered to recent university graduates during the first two years of their consulting or advisory career.
Graduate members receive all the benefits of a professional member to help you build a successful management consulting and advisory career. It includes access to member resources, development programs and networking opportunities.
Benefits of becoming a Graduate Young Professional Member
- Networking with other like-minded young professionals developing their careers
- Member rates for all professional development activities and free IMC webinars to keep you up to date
- Special deals on Professional Indemnity and Public Liability insurance to protect your developing reputation
- Use of AIMC postnominals for recognised credibility amongst your peers
- Access to resources and research for work-related projects and international networking
- Listing in ‘Find A Consultant’ public directory – become identified for your expertise
- Access to mentoring from senior consultants in your professional discipline
All of this for a discounted membership fee of $150 per year (a saving of $270 per year)
Your next step in career development
Graduate membership offers recent university graduates a professional-level membership at the reduced annual fee and without the membership application fee. This is available for two years.
After completion of your two-year graduate membership, you will automatically move to full Associate membership for one year before then qualifying for Full professional membership MIMC.
You can apply for Graduate membership if you graduated with a relevant undergraduate degree or higher within the last two years and you are currently working as a management consultant or in a similar professional role in a consulting organisation.
You will also need to provide one reference from a sponsor who may be your employer, an IMC member of good standing, or a person with similar credentials who knows you well in a professional capacity.
To apply for your IMC Graduate Young Professionals membership, you must:
Step 1 - Complete the Associate Graduate Membership application***, provide proof of your graduation via academic transcript, and provide a referee who can vouch for your professionalism.
Step 2 – IMC will then review your application to ensure you meet the eligibility criteria and contact your sponsor or referee.
Step 3 – You will then receive a Welcome Email and membership certificate and will be contacted by your Chapter President.
Are you currently an Affiliate or Student Affiliate Member who would like to take advantage of the Graduate Your Professional membership? Click here to inquire how to transfer your membership.