This course is only available to IMC Australia and IMC New Zealand Certified Management Consultants (CMCs).
ISO 20700:2017 Guidelines for Management Consultancy has been developed to improve transparency and understanding between management consultancy service providers and their clients, ultimately leading to better outcomes from consultancy work. ISO 20700 was developed by management consultants for management consultants with CMC-Global (ICMCI) as the self-regulatory body of the management consulting profession, taking the lead in initiating the production of the Standard.
CMC-Global has now developed a Self-Declaration Checklist to the Standard to provide practical and hands on support for management consultants in demonstrating their work according to the ISO 20700 and has accredited IMC Australia to deliver this training to all management consultants practising within Australia.
This is a specially tailored course for members of IMC Australia and IMC New Zealand who are CMCs.
Following the training you will be able to:
- Adapt and use the Checklist to suit a wide range of clients and projects
- Incorporate the Checklist into your discussions with clients to
enhance greater transparency before, during and after a consulting
- Confirm your internal processes align with the Standard
- Make your clients aware of the Standard as the base requirement
for a management consulting engagement to help set expectations and
- Display the electronic mark and logo on all communications, promotions and consultancy documentation.
The course will be conducted via Zoom and will comprise a combination of facilitator-led information sessions, group discussion, group and individual activities.
On completion of the course, you will:
- Be accredited by CMC-Global and IMC Australia to self-declare and "stamp" your projects as conforming with ISO 20700:2017
- Receive a certificate of attendance issued by CMC-Global and IMC Australia as being trained in the Self-Declaration Checklist
- Receive electronic copies for use of the Checklist for small, medium and large projects
- Be able to use the electronic mark showing trained in ISO 20700:2017 Self-Declaration Checklist for use on all communications and documentation
- Be eligible for listing on the CMC-Global site of trained consultants (optional).
Pre-reading and login instructions
Preparatory material and handouts for use during the course will be sent to course attendees along with login instructions on the day before the course. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the course materials prior to attending the course. Participants are also encouraged to familiarise themselves with the Standard ISO 20700:2017 Guidelines for Management Consultancy Services.
10.30am - 2.30pm Brisbane
10.30am - 2.30pm Melbourne/Sydney
10.00am - 2.00pm Adelaide
8.30am - 1.30pm Perth
12.30pm - 4.30pm NZ
Australian CMCs | $295.00 inc GST
NZ CMCs | $268.00 excl GST
Facilitator - Peter Westlund - MIMC CMC, FAIM, GAICD
Peter Westlund has been a practising management consultant since 2006, a member of IMC since 2010 and became a CMC in 2011. Peter has been a Director on Federal Council since 2013 and WA Chapter President since 2014. He also held the position of Chair of CMC Certification from 2016 to 2019. Peter is passionate about the IMC’s role in the professional development of consultants and the importance of certification for improving the practice of management consulting in Australia. Peter was a member of the initial cohort of CMCs to be trained by CMC-Global in the Self-Declaration Checklist and has since been using the Checklist in his practice for a wide range of consulting assignments.
PAST ATTENDEES’ TESTIMONIALS
“I found the ISO 20700 training both informative and professionally rewarding. The workshop sessions enabled me to gain an understanding of the content of the Standard and how I might profitably apply the checklist to my management consulting practice. In summary, it was time well spent.”
Samuel S Durland CMC CPEng NER | Certified Management Consultant & Chartered Professional Engineer
“I can thoroughly recommend the ISO 20700:2017 Guidelines for Management Consultancy Services course. The practical case studies and the interactive discussions were extremely effective in showing the benefits and applications of the standard.”
Tom Sutherland AFAIDH MIMC CMC M Inf Sys | CEO & Principal Consultant | Business Data Technologies Pty Ltd
For further information contact: Christine Cox, FIMC CMC - m: 0417 613 299