IMC's Start Up Series .. for aspiring management consultants
This series of 5 short interactive online workshops has been created specifically for business graduates and business practitioners who are actively considering a career in management consulting or have recently set up their practice and would like to improve their knowledge. The sessions will assist the participants in deciding whether to start their own management consulting business, join an established agency or highlight areas for further development of their fledgling business.
These informative workshops will provide some clarity around the following topics:
- What are the attributes of a management consultant?
- Who is the likely market and what are they looking for?
- Should I set up as a sole practitioner, small boutique, or in a partnership?
- What is required to start-up my business and generate revenue?
- How do I market and sell my services?
- What is required for certification to help me stand out from the crowd?
This management consulting business course is designed for university graduates and professionals who want to know what it entails to be a management consultant and how to rapidly start-up a management consulting business, as a sole practitioner, or in a small boutique. The program is good structural preparation for the Diploma of Consultancy which is the next step in the pathway to CMC and global recognition / certification and aligns with ISO 20700:2017 Guideline for Management Consultancy Services.
Your Facilitator - Steve Ibbotson, FIMC CMC, Director of 3 Pillars Asia Pacific
Steve has been consulting for 20+ years and has been a member of IMC since 2005. Steve is passionate about development the profession and assisting up and coming management consultants to become successful in their own right and regularly co-assesses candidates applying for CMC status with IMC. Steve specialises in Lean Six Sigma process improvement methodology and process management. His focus when implementing Lean Six Sigma is to impart knowledge to others whilst guiding them through the various stages of an implementation to ensure success. Steve has been heavily involved in the Defence Strategic Reform Program (SRP) and the Cost-Conscious Continuous Improvement Program (CCCIP) since 2008 and continues to work across Navy, Army and Air Force in strategic reform activities. Steve is President of the South Australia & Northern Territory IMC Chapter and is a Board member of Federal Council.
Non-member registration includes:
- a copy of ‘Management Consulting – an introduction to the methodologies, tools and techniques of the profession’, Australia and New Zealand edition
- access to 1 hour of mentoring between sessions
- Membership application fee for AIMC and MIMC is waived if you join during or on completion of the program (subject to membership eligibility).
Member registration includes:
- a copy of ‘Management Consulting – an introduction to the methodologies, tools and techniques of the profession’ Australia and New Zealand edition
- access to 1 hour of mentoring between sessions.
Registration closing and cancellation:
- Registration closes Tuesday 23rd February. However late registrations may experience a delay in receiving a copy of ‘Management Consulting’
- No refunds for cancellations