Many professionals of differing disciplines identify themselves as management consultants. Often profession leaders who have worked directly in an industry will make the move to set-up a practice delivering management advice to that and related industries. A select number of these consultants decide to certify themselves with the CMC designation. Practitioners who carry the CMC mark set themselves apart in the marketplace, and with their clients, as professional management consultants.
The CMC mark provides clients with the confidence that they have engaged a professional who will deliver the highest level of management consulting through assurance that the management consultant has:
- Completed a rigorous certification process
- A record of successful assignments
- The endorsement of recognised practitioners
- Demonstrated an ongoing commitment to management consulting as a both a profession and a career
- A record of continuing professional development
- Committed to the IMC Code of Ethics.